Recognized Show Competitions Awards Criteria for 2019
• Awards are for dressage tests and Freestyle for Open, AA and Youth
• Riders must be current CDA members before entering the show or may join the same day of a show but before riding in their first class. Scores earned prior to becoming a current CDA member will not be considered. Scores must be earned while a member in good standing. All ties will be decided by the highest individual score submitted
• Riders must submit their scores at the end of the competition season. The deadline for submission will be November 7, 2019. Any and all submissions postmarked or emailed after this date will not be considered. Hand deliveries of submissions to the awards coordinator will not be accepted.
• The official CDA score submission form must be used to document show names, dates, level/test within the level, judges, scores, etc. The required submission forms for Recognized Show will be
• Electronic submission will be used via CDA’s website at www.ct-dressageassoc.org/competition.html. The appropriate submission forms will be available online in September, 2019.
•We do not require the show secretary to sign the form. We will require the rider to attest via his or her signature (or a parent’s signature if the rider is a Youth) that the scores submitted are genuine. Electronic submissions include a statement of truth filing.
• All scores submitted are subject to auditing for accuracy.
• Open to all current CDA members who compete in USEF recognized dressage shows between November 1, 2018 and October 31, 2019.
• CDA membership requirements apply to riders and horse owners. Both must be current members prior to earning scores for submission.
• The rider may count as owner if he or she is competing with a leased horse.
• Awards will go only to the same horse/rider combination.
• All scores submitted must be a minimum of 55% for Training through FEI.
• Four scores at the same level from at least two different shows must be earned for Training through Second Level. Scores must be from at least two different judges per level.
• Three scores at the same level from at least two different shows must be earned for Third Level through FEI. Scores must be from at least two different judges per level.
• Note: Scores from FEI and Regional Championship tests with more than one judge will be averaged.
• Awards for Training through Second Level will be based upon the average score of the best four tests.
Awards for Third Level thru FEI will be based upon • the average score of the best three tests.
• Awards for FEI Freestyle and USDF Freestyle Training – 4th will be based on the average of the best three tests.
• Awards will be given in Youth, Adult Amateur and Open divisions.
Please be sure to specify your division on the submission form.
• Levels and divisions maybe combined at CDA’s discretion.